In this Salome Meca Tutorial, we will go through one of the most complex simulation on this channel, a leaf spring simulation with 3 distinct types of nonlinearity: Nonlinear Material, Large displacements and nonlinear contact !
I chose to divide this tutorial in 2 parts because it is a very complex simulation and there are many intermediate steps we need to go through to get it right.
In this 1st part, I will first setup a simple elastic study of the spring alone.
Then I will make it nonlinear and introduce increments and material nonlinearity.
In the 2nd part, we will look at how to define the nonlinear contact correctly and get the convergence of the solution.
Watch the video:
Here’s what I will talk about in this video:
- Introduction to the simulation
- Importing the CAD
- The methodology of this simulation
- Preparation of the geometry
- Preparation of the mesh
- Linear Static Simulation in Aster Study
- Let’s have a look at the results
- Transforming into a nonlinear elastic simulation
- Nonlinear Material and Hardening function
- Definition of the Material Behavior Law
- Limiting the number of increments
- Results and conclusion of the part 1
Model is available here:
Download the Leaf Spring CAD Model
Check my other nonlinear material tutorial: the Plate with a hole
Part 2 is coming very soon this week…
If you like this video or if you have some questions, just let me know by leaving a comment, I read all of them!
Cyprien “NL contact will make you mad” Rusu :-)