With this 2021 version, the installation of Salome Meca became a bit more challenging as you will need to install singularity first which is some kind of docker-style software to run containers in linux.
I will show you in this video the process to install it on Ubuntu 20.04 and I will talk at the same time about the problems I had and how I solved them.
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 00:03:33 Installing Singularity Part 1
- 00:07:57 Installing Go
- 00:09:44 Installing Singularity Part 2
- 00:18:44 Launching Salome Meca
- 00:22:13 Fixing the LD_PRELOAD error
- 00:24:14 Talk about the Mesa/OpenGL error messages
If you have any comment about all this, please do not hesitate to leave one on this video or on the blog!
Cyprien “Salome Singularity in 2021” Rusu