Let’s Talk about Openfoam, Salome and Turbulent Flow Simulation :)
In this 5th tutorial, we will look into how to build an OpenFoam model from scratch by using Salome to do the CAD processing and the Meshing!
I’ll also give you some useful bits of knowledge about turbulence modeling in CFD analysis, so I hope this will be useful!
Here’s the video:
What you will learn in this video:
- How to prepare the Geometry in Salome
- How to mesh the inner Volume in Salome
- How to prepare the OpenFoam Case Study
- How to choose the OpenFoam Solver
- How to choose the turbulence Model
- How to convert the Mesh to OpenFoam
- How to set up all the OpenFoam Boundary Conditions and settings
- How to set up the residuals monitoring
- How to solve the simulation with PisoFoam
- How to check the convergence of the residuals
- How to post-processing the results with ParaFoam (Paraview)
If this video was helpful, please leave a like and subscribe to my channel, thank you!!
What is Openfoam?
Openfoam is currently the leading free and open-source solver for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). It belongs to the Openfoam foundation and it is distributed under a GPL License. This GPL License gives you the freedom to redistribute the software and it garanties that the usage will remain free.
Download the CAD File:
Download all the files:
If you have any question of comment, let me know!
Cyprien “OpenFoam with Salome is Awesome” Rusu